- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1995
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- The Doctrine of Foreign Equivalents Under U.S. Federal Trademark Law, Bloomberg Law Reports, 2007
- The Doctrine of Fair Use Under U.S. Federal Trademark Law, Bloomberg Law Reports, 2007
- Presenter, Domain Names and Dispute Resolution Issues in the European Union, ABA International IPR Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- N.V.E., Inc. v Belize Domain WHOIS Service, Case No. 1064467 (NAF October 3, 2007).
- Honeywell International Inc. v. Domains Ventures, Case No. 669924 (NAF May 9, 2006).
- Odegard Inc. v. Safavieh Carpets Inc., 398 F.Supp.2d 275 (SDNY 2005).
- Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc. v. Spider Webs, Ltd., Case No. D2001-0398 (WIPO July 2, 2001).
- In re British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Ltd., Serial No. 75-475,767 (TTAB 2001).
Charles is Senior Counsel in the firm and manages the Trademark Department. He focuses his practice on a wide range of intellectual property issues, with an emphasis on trademark prosecution and litigation. His practice includes trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation; trademark and copyright counseling, searching, filing and maintenance; trademark policing and enforcement; trademark practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; preparation of agreements and licenses pertaining to technology and intellectual property; counseling regarding intellectual property strategies related to website design and the internet; domain name searching, registration and enforcement; and anti-counterfeiting and gray market rights enforcement.